Battery grants – Queensland Government grants and loans
27 November, 2018
The Queensland Governments grants and loans scheme will help up to 1500 Queensland households and small businesses cut their power bills by storing solar power and using it after sun goes down.
The new scheme offers:
- grants of $3000 and interest-free loans of up to $10,000 for up to 1000 combined solar and battery systems.
- grants of $3000 and interest-free loans of up to $6,000 for 500 batteries.
Small businesses can also apply for up to a $3000 grant.
This is on top of the scheme that started in June offering interest-free loans of up to $4500 for solar systems.
To apply for solar, battery or solar and battery package:
- Get a quote from an eligible battery supplier for an eligible battery system. You can find a list of eligible suppliers and batteries online at www.qld.gov.au/batteryloans.
- Apply online www.qld.gov.au/batteryloans. Applications can be lodged form 9am tomorrow (Monday 19 November).
- Get approved
- Tell your supplier you’re approved and get your system installed. (You cannot get it installed before approval or you’re not eligible.)
- Get back online to have your approved dollar amount paid to your supplier.
- You have six months from approval to get your system installed. We understand there is minimal wait time for most systems except for Tesla batteries which can be longer.