Bruce Highway Trust Advisory Council – expression of interest opportunity
17 March, 2021
The establishment of the BHTAC is a key Queensland Government commitment. BHTAC is overseeing the development of a 15-year Vision and five-year rolling Action Plans on this nationally-significant link to:
- unlock economic growth
- build flood resilience
- improve road safety.
In October 2020, the Queensland Government, committed to:
- expand the existing BHTAC with six additional regionally-based members, including road users and road safety and regional development experts along the Bruce Highway, north of Gympie
- prepare the Safer Bruce 2030 Action Plan
- set targets to improve safety, increase duplication along the Bruce Highway and implement a minimum one-in-one-hundred-year flood immunity standard for the entire Bruce Highway (Brisbane to Cairns).
The Queensland Government is currently seeking to appoint six regionally-based members to join the BHTAC. Interested residents of Queensland located within the Bruce Highway corridor, north of Gympie, are encouraged to nominate. To ensure independence and objectivity, an open nomination process is being conducted.
Applications will be considered from candidates who are:
- Road safety experts, or
- Regional development experts, or
- Road users (for example, commercial drivers) who regularly travel significant distances on the Bruce Highway between Gympie and Cairns, and could assist in identifying key priorities and locations where there is opportunity to unlock economic growth, build flood resilience and improve road safety.
While not mandatory, it is highly desirable candidates applying for the positions relating to road safety and regional development have undergraduate/post graduate qualifications in:
- Road Safety (infrastructure focus)
- Regional Development, Planning, Planning and Urban Design or Urban Design and Town Planning.
The Expression of Interest is advertised on the Queensland Register of Nominees, Join a board website, with applications closing on the 30th March 2021 at 5 pm.