Business Development Fund
4 November, 2019
The Business Development Fund (BDF) focuses on the growth of innovative Queensland businesses, particularly in the emerging industries of tomorrow. It will create high value, knowledge-based and skilled jobs now and into the future.
Through providing early stage co-investment funding, the Business Development Fund promotes angel and venture capital investment in Queensland-based businesses. This helps to facilitate the development of a sustainable private market for venture capital finance in Queensland.
What we are looking for
Queensland based businesses that:
- are commercialising research, an innovative idea or an innovative product or service
- require seed, early stage or follow-on investment
- will create opportunities for new, high value and skilled employment
- have a realistic prospect of becoming commercially successful.
Private sector co-investors that have:
- committed to providing an investment in a business that at least matches the investment sought from the Business Development Fund
- demonstrated commitment to, and track record in making investments in seed and early stage businesses
- experience in providing support, management and mentorship to seed and early stage businesses
- a strong and established reputation
- the ability to manage fund reporting.
The independent Business Development Fund investment panel, made up of eight experienced entrepreneurs, assess fund applications.
The application process is 5 steps:
- Online application.
- Investment pitch.