Empowering Business to go Digital – Australian Government
20 March, 2019
The Empowering Business to Go Digital program will provide a single grant of up to $3 million in matched funding to support the establishment of a non-government organisation to build and enhance small business digital capability and to address issues raised in the Small Business Digital Taskforce report.
The program will run over two years from 2018-19 to 2019-20.
A single grant of up to $3 million will be awarded.
The objectives of the program are to:
• establish a financially self-sustaining non-government organisation (NGO) to increase small business awareness and adoption of digital technology, in line with the recommendations of the Small Business Digital Taskforce Report
• establish an online platform as a central point of up-to-date and tailored digital information for Australian small businesses and their trusted advisers
• improve information sharing between businesses, government, industry associations and the small business commissioners.
The intended outcomes of the program are:
• increased accessibility of small business digital information
• increased small business awareness and adoption of digital technology
• improved small business digital capability and productivity.
To be eligible you must:
• have an Australian Business Number (ABN)
• provide evidence from your board (or chief executive officer or equivalent) that the project is supported, that you can complete the project and the meet the project costs not covered by the grant funding
• provide evidence of any funding contributions from other organisations.
• establish a not-for-profit company limited by guarantee prior to entering into a grant agreement, if your application is successful.
Applications close 3 April 2019.