Export Market Development Grants – Opens 15 March 2023
17 February, 2023
The next round of the Export Market Development Grants (EMDG) program will:
- open AEDT 9am on Wednesday 15 March 2023
- close AEST 4pm on Friday 14 April 2023
The updated EMDG Grant Guidelines and supporting documents are now available so that applicants can prepare to apply ahead of the EMDG online portal opening to applications. The Guidelines are available at Guidelines and legislation and supporting documents at How to apply.
Applications will be open for 4 weeks. The EMDG portal will be available for applications from Wednesday 15 March.
Changes from the second round
There are some changes in Round 3:
- Grant Agreements will be for one year, with a possibility of extension subject to the availability of funds. This is to ensure we can better manage the available funding in future.
- We have updated the definition of strategic shift for Tier 3 grantees, based on feedback that the definition needed to be clearer and to focus on market diversification.
- Austrade requires that businesses meet their taxation obligations, that is, comply with all the relevant Australian Taxation Office (ATO) legislation, rulings and guidelines. During the assessment process we may ask businesses to obtain and provide a Statement of Tax Record from the Australian Taxation Office. This will help us to check compliance prior to issuing grant agreements and ensure grant funds go to export promotion, not to pay tax debts.
You can download the Guidelines at EMDG Grants Guidelines and legislation.
Please note that exporters cannot apply in Round 3 of the program if they have an executed grant agreement and there is more than one year remaining in the term of their grant agreement. For more information visit Eligibility or contact Austrade at EMDG.Help@austrade.gov.au.