Master Builders Industry Info Session – Longreach – 20 March
12 February, 2020
Building for Bushfires in Queensland
To get the tools and knowledge you need, come along to our FREE Industry Info Session as our Master Builders experts get you across the Queensland bushfire building requirements.
A vast portion of Queensland, from The Cape down to Tweed, is classified as bushfire-prone with specific building requirements that must be adhered to.
Whether it’s a new residential build or a home renovation you’re planning and drawing up contracts for, you need to ensure you’re ticking the boxes from the get-go and avoiding cost blow-outs.
With the current bushfire disaster, there’s also bound to be more scrutiny on this issue from local government and questions from your customers. This info session will ensure you can answer these questions and be confident you’re complying with the requirements.
- The risks to builders and how to avoid them
- The Standards and Codes you need to be across
- Who’s responsible for assessing and determining if the build or renovation is in a designated bushfire-prone area with specific building requirements
- Bushfire attack levels (BAL) and overlay mapping
- At what stage in the planning and contract development phase you need to assess if there are local bushfire building requirements to adhere to
- Where to find your local bushfire building requirements