National Awards for Local Government
31 January, 2019
The National Awards for Local Government is an annual celebration of the best of Australian local government achievements. The Awards highlight innovative and resourceful solutions that local governments have implemented to make a difference to their local communities.
Who can enter: The Awards are open to all Australian local government organisations (councils, shires, that provide direct services to Australian communities).
Entry submissions for the 2019 Awards will be accepted from Monday 21 January 2019 until midnight on Friday 1 March 2019.
- Arts Animates — creating vibrant and cohesive communities through the Arts
- Boosting Productivity through Infrastructure
- Contributing to Regional Growth
- Disability Access and Inclusion
- Excellence in Road Safety
- Multicultural Australia – Cohesive Communities
- Prevention and Community Safety
- Promoting Indigenous Recognition
- The Susan Grace Benny Award – Women in Local
Government and Community
- Workforce Planning and Development – attracting
and retaining tomorrow’s workforce