Queensland Destination Events Program – Tourism and Events Queensland.
20 March, 2019
The QDEP offers two funding options for regional events:
• Destination Event funding – single year funding for developing events seeking growth ($10,000 – $25,000 per year)
• Significant Event funding – single year or up to three years of funding for events that can demonstrate a strong track record of growth or growth potential ($25,000 – $100,000 per year).
How the funding can be used:
• Marketing costs
• Strategic plan development
• Engagement of short-term specialised personnel
• Hire of temporary infrastructure
To be eligible to apply for funding through the QDEP, an event must meet the following
Destination event funding
• The event must take place wholly within Queensland
• You must be able to demonstrate the historical size of the event in terms of: Audience; Spectator numbers; Participant numbers, and/or Media profile
• The applicant must be able to demonstrate the event’s capacity to grow against the baseline
Significant event funding
In addition to the criteria for Destination Event funding, events seeking Significant Event funding must meet the following criteria:
• The event must have received a minimum of one year of support under the Destination Event program and have met all the requirements as outlined in the contract
• The event must provide a recent report showing evidence of the total number of event attendees (including participants and spectators), specifically detailing the breakdown and number of visitors from outside the region; this information must be independently gathered and reported, or independently verified
• The event must present a strong opportunity for Queensland and demonstrate extensive recognition outside the region in which it is held in terms of visitation and/or media profile.
Applications for Round 13 close 26 June 2019 for eligible event dates January 2020 to January 2021.