Regional Agricultural Show Development Grants Program
16 October, 2019
The Australian Government is inviting applications via a targeted competitive process to apply for funding under the Regional Agricultural Show Development Grants Program (the program).
Funding will be available to eligible regional show societies for the maintenance and upgrade of existing infrastructure and the building, purchase, rent or construction of new infrastructure related to the running of an agricultural show on regional showgrounds.
The objectives of the program are to help:
- a) keep agricultural shows running
- b) bring communities together
- c) bridge the divide between country and city.
Outcomes from the program are expected to include:
- a) improved amenity of showground infrastructure to improve the experience of showground users and visitors. The amenities can include but are not limited to, for example, new and/or improved exhibiting and seating facilities, upgrading existing buildings to meet contemporary accessibility standards, building new or upgrading existing roads and buildings.
- b) improved flexibility of use of showground infrastructure to increase the opportunity for it to be used for other events that bring the community together through the year.
- c) use of modern construction methods and materials that reduce on-going maintenance and repair of infrastructure.
- d) reduced operational costs for events conducted at and using showground facilities.
- e) greater variety of attractions to improve shows’ ability to attract visitors.