Small Business Month Grants Program
19 February, 2020
The Small Business Month Grants program provides funding support to Queensland individuals or organisations who are seeking to host their own event as part of Queensland Small Business Month (QSBM) 2020 from Friday 1 May to Sunday 31 May 2020.
The objectives of the Small Business Month grants program are to:
- provide a platform for collective investigation of local small business community concerns and solutions specific to an area or locality
- empower local small business communities to come together to learn from experts and specialists in areas relevant to their sector or region
- enable local leadership in small business communities.
The fund will enable the individual or organisation to offset the costs incurred by delivering events and activities that provide transformative impacts for small businesses.
Funding of up to $5,000 (excluding GST) is available as a reimbursement for eligible individuals or organisations to host an event that creates an educational and/or collaborative community experience as part of QSBM 2020.
To be eligible the individual or organisation must:
- hold an event or activity during QSBM 2020, Friday 1 May to Sunday 31 May 2020
- have Queensland headquarters/residency
- not be insolvent or have owners/directors that are an undischarged bankrupt.
Where necessary you must hold public liability insurance of up to $10 million.
You must also be in a financial position to pay up-front for the approved product(s) and or service(s) in full. If successful, approved applicants will then be reimbursed after submitting supplier invoices and proof of purchase.
The participant must also complete an evaluation detailing the success of the event, attendee statistics and feedback.
Applications close 10 March 2020.