Minor Infrastructure and Inclusive Facilities Fund – now open
29 September, 2023
The $45 million Minor Infrastructure and Inclusive Facilities Fund helps to make sure local sport and active recreation facilities are safe, accessible, inclusive and more efficient.
The program supports new and upgraded facilities to meet local community activity.
There are two categories for eligible projects:
- Inclusive and Accessible – changerooms and amenities that meet universal design principles.
- Safe, Quality and Efficient – field of play and ancillary facilities to meet activity requirements at a community level.
|27 September 2023||Applications open|
|16 November 2023 5pm AEST||Applications close|
|March 2024||Successful projects/applicants announced *|
|November 2025||Project completed|
|30 January 2026||Project acquitted and reports submitted|
* Approved projects cannot commence until a legal agreement has been entered into with the department.
Who can apply
Organisations eligible for funding are:
- registered with an Australian Business Number (ABN); and
- deliver or coordinate an eligible activity/ies; and
- operate as a not-for-profit, local, regional or multi activity sport or active recreation organisation (with an objective of sport or active recreation) that is incorporated under one of:
- Associations Incorporation Act 1981 (Queensland)
- Corporations Act 2001 (Commonwealth)
- Co-operatives National Law Act 2020
- Corporations (Aboriginal & Torres Strait) Act 2006 (Commonwealth); or
- is a Queensland local government; or
- is an incorporated sport or active recreation State Level Organisation managing infrastructure or auspicing an affiliate organisation, with infrastructure for local community use where there is not a professional team in residence; or
- is a National Sport Organisation operating in Queensland under a governance model recognised by the Australian Sports Commission, managing infrastructure or auspicing an affiliate organisation, with infrastructure for local community use where there is not a professional team in residence; or
- is a State-wide, multi-location sport and active recreation organisation, whose branches/sites are not separately incorporated.
Projects must align to one of the below funding categories:
- Inclusive and accessible – $30 million for new and upgraded changerooms and amenities that meet universal design principals or
- Safe quality and efficient – $15 million for new, upgraded and end-of-life field of play and ancillary facilities to meet activity requirements at a community level.